School of Social Work

317 Everett L. Marshall Building

Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197

Phone: 734.487.0393


The State of Michigan requires practicing social workers to be licensed. Start the process by visiting the State of Michigan's Department of Licensure and Regulatory Affairs website to review the materials and download the application you need for the next steps.

Complete the appropriate application form. If you are a recent graduate from the program, use the limited master's or bachelor's social work license form.

  • All applicants undergo a criminal background check, submit fingerprints and pay a $40 fee.
  • Submit your official transcripts to the licensing board to verify your BSW/MSW degree. Order transcripts
  • Remember to sign and date your application.

Skip Section Navigation