- Ph.D., Wayne State University
- MSW, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- BS, Eastern Michigan University
Dr Bridge is a full professor and has been teaching at EMU for 26 years. Dr. Bridge’s expertise in trauma, ethical practice and collaboration are common threads in all areas of engagement. Her excellence in teaching has served to empower students in the classroom and agency practitioners locally and nationally. Believing that process with integrity is hallmark, her service leads to collaborative, successful outcomes. Dr. Bridge currently serves on many department committees and as a University Title IX reviewer, member of the Department of Health and Human Services Secondary Traumatic Stress Steering Committee and as the Governor’s appointed chair to the State of Michigan Governor’s Task Force on Child Abuse and Neglect, to name a few.
- Berger, N. and Bridge, T. (in review)The Foster Care and Adoption Process Through the Eyes of Prospective Parents. Adoption Quarterly.
- Stephens, K., Mills, C., Williams, C., Bridge, T., and Massie, E. (2009). Maximizing the Therapeutic Helping Alliance with High-Risk Families, American Human 24(3).
- Bridge, T. J., Massie, E.G., and Mills, C. S. (2008) Prioritizing Cultural Competence in Implementation of an Evidence-Based Practice Model. Child and Youth Services Review, 30, 1111–1118.
- Logie, C., Bridge, T.J., and Bridge, P.B. (2007). Evaluating the Attitudes of Master of Social Work Students Towards the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Populations. Journal of Homosexuality, 53(4).
- Bridge P.D., Berry L., Bridge T.J., and Gallagher, R.G. (2002). Evaluating a prostate health awareness program in a community outreach setting. Journal of Cancer Education, 17(2), 101–105.
- Bridge, T.J. (1997). Kinship, A Family Tradition: Video Training Series. The Learning Edge: Eastern Michigan University.
- Practice courses, ethics; separation, loss and grief; complicated grief and trauma; Grants
Awards and Certifications:
Dr. Bridge has several awards and certifications. She is the recipient of a Trauma and Loss Consultant of the Year Award from the National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children and the Marshall Service Award, Excellent Teachers Engaging Alumni Award and the distinguished Ronald W. Collins Award from EMU. She is licensed in both clinical and macro practice. She holds several advanced certifications including Advanced Certified Trauma Practitioner, Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, and Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional.
Honors, Recognitions, and Special Awards
- National Institute for Trauma and Loss: Consultant of the Year, 2004
- NASW Chapter Ethics committee member, current
- Bridge, T.J., Weincek, P. and Lemerand, P. Outside In: Program Evaluation. Eastern Michigan University, STARR Commonwealth Montcalm. 9/2008–present.
- Bridge, T. J. Black Family Development/United Way: Family Connections Grant: An effort to sustain previous programming and evaluation of original FC model Eastern Michigan University and Black Family Development. 10/2008 through 9/2011.
- Bridge, T.J. Child Welfare Institute Evaluation. Eastern Michigan University, State of Michigan, Children's Services Administration 2/2008–10/2008
- Abbey, J., Mills, C. S. and Bridge, T.J. Intensive Specialized Foster Care. Eastern Michigan University, Guidance Center and Vista Maria 12/2007–10/2008.
- Mills, C. S., Bridge, T.J. and Massie, E.G. Replication of Demonstrated Effective Practices in the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect. Eastern Michigan University and Black Family Development, 9/2002–12/2008.
- Bridge, T.J. Child Welfare Specialty Degree Program. Eastern Michigan University and Department of Health and Human Services Collaborative, 9/2001– 10/2007.
- Bridge P.D., Berry-Bobovski L., Bridge, T.J., and Baum, M. Promoting Informed Decision Making Concerning the Early Detection of Prostate Cancer 2003. Center for Disease Control and the Michigan Department of Community Health, 1/1/03–9/30/03.
- Mills, C. S. and Bridge, T.J. Kinship Support Group Facilitator. Eastern Michigan University and the Michigan Family Independence Agency Collaborative: 1996–1999.
- Mills, C. S. and Bridge, T.J. Kinship Trainer. Eastern Michigan University and the Michigan Family Independence Agency Collaborative: 1996–1997.
- Mills, C. S. and Bridge, T.J. Student Field Unit. Eastern Michigan University and the Michigan Family Independence Agency Collaborative: 1995–1999.Mills, C. S., (co-director), McFadden, E.J., Usher, D. P. (co-director), Bridge, T.J., Russell, K. and Willis-Dulin, Y. Kinship Grant. Eastern Michigan University and Michigan Family Independence Agency Collaborative, 1993–1995.
- Certified Social Worker (LMSW clinical and macro)
- National Association of Social Workers, member
- Academy of Certified Social Workers (ACSW), member
- National Institute of Trauma and Loss in Children, consultant/supervisor
- Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice and Trauma responsive practice