NEW Transcript Information: EMU now accepts transcript requests via email attachment and fax.
You can request a transcript online, by mail, by email, by fax or in person. Requests are not accepted by phone. An official transcript request form must accompany all requests. Here are a few other things to know about transcripts:
- Transcript requests are processed in the order received. Please allow two to three business days, from when your request is received in the transcript department, for your request to be processed and for the transcripts to be mailed or made available for pick up in 304 Pierce Hall.
- Transcripts are only mailed on days the university is open, so please plan accordingly. See the university holiday calendar.
- If you have past due financial obligations to the University, these will have to be resolved before you can receive your transcripts. Questions regarding financial obligations should be directed to Student Business Services at 734.487.3335.
- If your transcript request requires an additional attachment be sent with it, you must submit the attachment along with your transcript request form. These requests cannot be done online.
- Orders on hold or awaiting a consent form will be canceled if not cleared within 30 days.
- Be sure to pick up your official transcripts within 30 business days or they will be destroyed and you will need to re-order.
- All transcript requests are considered complete and final after six months from original order date. No adjustments, re-issues or refunds will be considered after this date.
- Transcripts can be sent express mail, once processing is complete, via USPS for an additional cost of $27.50 per address. You must submit a check made payable to EMU with your transcript request form if selecting an express mail option.
How to Order Transcripts
You can request a transcript online, by email, by fax, by mail or in person. Requests are not accepted by phone. An official transcript request form must accompany all requests.
EMU has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide online transcript ordering. If you attended since 1995, electronic transcripts are available when ordered online through your my.emich account or directly at the Get My Transcript website. Online transcript requests submitted while the University is closed will be processed in the order they were received when we reopen and may require additional processing time.
A required, signed consent form will be generated at the end of your online NSC order. However, if you place your order through my.emich, you will not need a signed consent form if your social security number is on file with EMU.
Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online.
For questions about this service, contact the NSC at 703.742.7791 or email@example.com.
To order an EMU transcript, complete the transcript request form [PDF] and return in one of the following ways:
Eastern Michigan University
303 Pierce Hall
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
In Person Request
To order in person, complete a transcript request form at Service EMU in the Student Center or McKenny Hall (Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. or Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.). Allow two to three business days for processing. Transcripts not picked up in 30 business days will be destroyed and you will need to re-order.