- An email regarding the ticketing process will be sent in early December (date TBD) to graduating students who have an active application to graduate in December 2023 or who graduated in August 2023.
- An email with the link for reserving tickets will be sent in mid-December (date TBD) to graduating students who have an active application to graduate in April 2023 or who graduated in August 2023. .
- Each graduate will be required to claim a free student ticket in order to participate in commencement.
- Each graduate may obtain up to six (6) free guest tickets.
- No additional guest tickets will be available.
- Tickets must be obtained by the graduate in advance. Only graduates will be able to access the ticketing system.
- Tickets are required for entry to the George Gervin GameAbove Center. If you don’t have a ticket, you will not be allowed to enter the building. All guests including children age two and above must have a ticket.
- Seating is General Admission. Accessible seating/access must be arranged in advance with the EMU Ticket Office once the ticketing process has started.
- Please review the Health and Safety protocols that will be in place for Commencement. It is important to understand the bag policy, mask policy, and metal detector screening policy before arriving at the George Gervin GameAbove Center. Plan on arriving early to allow ample time for the entrance screening process.
Ticket Ordering Process
- For the Commencement ceremony, only students on the approved list of graduates can order tickets. (Students must have completed the Apply to Graduate process in order to be on the approved list.)
- An email from the EMU Ticket Office will be sent (see dates above) with a link and instructions on how to order your student ticket and your guest tickets.
- EMU utilizes a mobile ticketing system. However, if you prefer paper tickets you will be able to select that option during the ordering process. An additional mailing charge will apply.
- Accessible seating/access is available but is limited. After tickets have been ordered, please contact the EMU Ticket Office in advance
to arrange accessible seating. They can be reached at [email protected] or 734.487.3669.
- Once tickets have been ordered, the graduate will have the option to transfer mobile guest tickets to their guests' mobile devices.
- Graduates and guests are encouraged to download digital tickets to their mobile wallets before arriving for the ceremony to prevent delays due to expected excessive demands on the WiFi network.