If you're seeking information about your progress toward graduation, please contact the UACDC advisors, your academic advisor or the University's online degree audit system, u.achieve through my.emich.
To graduate with a degree or certificate, you must submit a formal application for graduation online via my.emich's student services tab during the semester you'll complete all requirements. An application is needed for each degree and/or certificate you're applying for. The deadline to apply is the last day of the semester in which you'll finish your requirements. No applications will be accepted after this day.
The application fee is $110 for each degree and/or certificate and it will be applied to your student account.
Applying For Graduation Online
Here's how to apply for graduation online:
- Log in to your my.emich account.
- Click on the Student Tab and then Student Records
- Click on Apply to Graduate.
Reapplication for Graduation
If you don't satisfy degree requirements, including the removal of incompletes in required courses or providing official transcripts for course work taken at other colleges or universities, you'll need to submit a new application for a subsequent semester. No additional fee is required. If you know you aren't going to complete your requirements after applying, please notify Records and Registration so we can inactivate your application. Notification must be made in writing and can be submitted:
- In person: Service EMU, 268 Student Center
- By mail: Office of Records and Registration, 303 Pierce Hall, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- By email: [email protected]. Note: must be sent from your my.emich email address.
- By fax: 734.487.6808
Note: Failure to reapply for graduation for a future semester will result in a degree not being awarded.
You should expect to receive your degree-verification letter in four to six weeks after the close of the semester in which your degree or certificate is conferred. Diplomas (with a complimentary transcript) will be available for pick in up 303 Pierce approximately six to eight weeks after the close of the semester in which your degree is conferred. If you do not pick up your diploma, it will be shipped to you via UPS after the pick up date. Financial obligations must be met before you may receive your diploma.
- Apply online now through April 27, 2020
- Application must be received by March 6, 2020 in order to guarantee name inclusion in the commencement program
- Commencement will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2020. Please visit the commencement website for more information
- Apply online beginning February 1, 2020
Guidelines for Participation in Commencement Ceremonies
August graduates may participate in April's commencement ceremony by exception only. The commencement request form must be submitted by March 1, 2020.