If you're seeking information about your progress toward graduation, please contact your College Advising Center, your department/faculty advisor or the University's online degree audit system, u.achieve through my.emich (for undergraduate only).
Credit Hour Change
Beginning in Fall 2022, all baccalaureate degree programs for all undergraduates (regardless of catalog year) will require a minimum of 120 credits hours for completion. Click to review the FAQs (PDF).
To graduate with a degree or certificate, you must submit a formal application for graduation online via my.emich's student services tab during the semester you'll complete all requirements. An application is needed for each degree and/or certificate you're applying for. The deadline to apply is the last day of the semester in which you'll finish your requirements. No applications will be accepted after this day.
The application fee is $110 for each degree and/or certificate and it will be applied to your student account.
Applying For Graduation Online
Here's how to apply for graduation online:
- Log in to your my.emich account.
- Click on the Student Tab and then Student Records
- Click on Apply to Graduate.
Re-application for Graduation
If you don't satisfy degree requirements, including the removal of incompletes in required courses or providing official transcripts for course work taken at other colleges or universities, you'll need to submit a new application for a subsequent semester. No additional fee is required. If you know you aren't going to complete your requirements after applying, please notify Records and Registration so we can inactivate your application. Notification must be made in writing and can be submitted:
Note: Failure to reapply for graduation for a future semester will result in a degree not being awarded.
You should expect to receive your degree-verification letter in two to four weeks after the close of the semester in which your degree or certificate is conferred. Diplomas (with a complimentary transcript) will be shipped to you via UPS approximately six to eight weeks after the close of the semester in which your degree is conferred. Financial obligations must be met before you may receive your diploma.
Winter 2023 (April)
- Apply online now through April 28, 2023
- Apply by March 6, 2023 to have your name included in commencement materials
- The commencement ceremony will take place on April 30, 2023
Summer 2023 (August)
- Apply online beginning February 1, 2023 through August 15, 2023
- Summer applicants whose degree is conferred will automatically have their name included in the December commencement materials
- As there is currently no ceremony in August, Summer applicants are scheduled to participate in the December commencement ceremony following the conferral of their degree.
- Summer applicants may apply to participate in the April ceremony by exception only. Requests must be submitted by March 1, 2023 for consideration. The request form can be found here.
Diplomas for December 2022 graduates will be available for pickup at the Office of Records & Registration, 303 Pierce Hall, on Thursday, February 9 and Friday, February 10, 2023 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Please note that you must present a photo ID to pickup your diploma.
The remaining diplomas will be shipped, alphabetically, via UPS beginning on February 13, 2023, with all shipping completed by February 20, 2023. An email with tracking information will be sent to your EMU email address once your diploma is prepared for shipping. An individual must sign for the diploma when it arrives to your address.
Please visit the Commencement website for regular updates.