Whether you need to refresh or update your knowledge of the computer applications you use every day, learn a new programming language, or keep your organization safe from cybercrime, Professional Programs & Training (PPAT) has programs to meet your needs.
Open Enrollment Classes
PPAT offers open enrollment and online classes in a variety of topics related to computer applications, programming and cybersecurity.
Learn online with these instructor-led virtual offerings from ed2go. Classes start every six weeks. Browse our catalog for a complete list of available offerings.
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019/Office 365 (24 Hours)
- Introduction to QuickBooks Online (24 Hours)
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2016 (24 Hours)
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint 2019/Office 365 (24 Hours)
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2019/Office 365 (24 Hours)
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2019/Office 365 (24 Hours)
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2016 (24 Hours)
- Intermediate QuickBooks Online (24 Hours)
Cybersecurity Certification (60 Hours)
This certification program provides in-depth information about cutting-edge technologies that are moving the world's most successful companies forward.
"Everyone thinks that cybersecurity technology is out of reach—but it's not! With the right training, like the Eastern Michigan / Amesite Cybersecurity Certification, an IT or other professional can upskill and execute—in an industry that is starved for workers, and pays out a high wage." — Raffaele Mautone, CEO of Aadya
You'll engage with live instructors, with expertise and networks that will build your know-how, and help you create the relationships you need. You'll also engage with peers, and have discussions that focus on your business needs.
Eastern Michigan University is offering this program on the Amesite platform www.amesite.com, which enables you to meaningfully engage with an expert who can guide you, and with peers who will become part of your professional network. You'll engage with live instructors, with expertise and networks that will build your know-how, and help you create the relationships you need. You'll also engage with peers, and have discussions that focus on your business needs.
Throughout this 18-week, 60 contact hour program, you’ll learn to assess security risks, implement controls to secure network infrastructure, and combat hackers and viruses. Through a combination of individual assessments, student engagement activities, quizzes and lab sessions, you will:
- Be introduced to penetration testing and vulnerability assessments, and use in-depth labs featuring both open-source and commercial-based tools;
- Use intensive lab exercises to simulate investigation and recovery of data in networks; physical interception; traffic acquisition; attack detection; and conduct protocol analysis;
- Learn in-depth theory pertaining to the practical implementation of core security concepts, practices, monitoring, and compliance in the full panorama of information systems management; and
- Develop skills in implementation and maintenance of cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with both business and industry standards.
Laboratories – DETERLab
DETERLab is dedicated to supporting cyber security education. Since its inception, DETERLab has been used by 358 research projects, from 262 institutions and involving 918 researchers, from 203 locations and 46 countries. Students will use labs available at no cost in DETERLab to practice security techniques on this testbed.
Certification is awarded after successfully completing all course requirements.