GE Degree Requirements
On average, a Transfer student will have to take the following courses. You should alwayscheck your audit and the catalog to understand your own personal degree requirements. How many courses you have left to fulfill depends on how many courses from your previous institution transfer over. Follow the links to see the Catalog approved Gen Ed courses.
- Effective Communication
- One Speech Communication Course
- One Written Communication Course
- One Quantitative Reasoning Course
- Knowledge of the Disciplines
- Two Arts Courses
- Two Humanities Courses
- Two Natural Science Courses
- Two Social Science Courses
- Perspectives on a Diverse World
- One Global Awareness Course or one U.S. Diversity Course
- One Learning Beyond the Classroom Experience
- Writing Intensive by Major: Each major will require at least one Writing Intensive course, and you must complete this course to graduate from EMU.
- If you have an MTA from a community college, your outstanding requirements will be different.
- Check out our Transfer Equivalency Guides!
- Meet with an advisor to discuss which courses from other institutions may transfer.
- GE Student Learning Outcomes
- Confused? Contact the General Education department at [email protected].
Use our ConverGE app to browse courses, make a plan, and find out what GE has to offer you!