Eastern Michigan University
- Financial Aid
- Records and Registration
- Student Business Services
- Tutoring + More
- Online LBC Request Form
- Online TCA (Transfer Credit Application) Request Form
General Education Program
Starkweather Hall, 1st Floor
- Tuesday-Thursdays: 10:30 - 2:30pm
- All other days, virtually or by appointment only
All General Inquires:
Dr. Chris Foreman
General Education ProgramEducation for participation in the global community.
General Education Winter 2016 semester regular office hours will end Tuesday, April 19, 2016.
During the week of Finals, we will hold the following office hours:
Thursday, April 21: 10:30-2:30pm
Monday, April 25: 10:30-2:30pm
Tuesday, April 26: 10:30-2:30pm
The office will be closed 4/27-5/3
General Education office hours through the Spring/Summer 2016 semester, beginning Wednesday, May 4th, will be:
10:30am – 2:30pm
For faster service, email
Rachel Dick at email@example.com
The General Education Program at Eastern Michigan University is the core of an undergraduate education. It is general in that it provides students with a comprehensive educational experience and prepares them for study within their major. General Education teaches students to think critically and communicate effectively; it provides an introduction to the methodologies and practices of the academic disciplines; and it promotes intellectual curiosity and a love of learning.
NEW! Multicultural Leadership Experience approved for LBC in Group 2 OR Group 5, not both
NEW! DTC 120L1 Transform-U approved for LBC in Group 1
NEW! DTC 331L4 Nutrition Therapy I Experience approved for LBC in Group 4
NEW! DTC 371L2 Nutrition Therapy II Experience approved for LBC in Group 2
NEW! DTC 471L4 Nutrition Therapy III Experience approved for LBC in Group 4
NEW! Upon admittance to EMU, international students will have fulfilled LBC Group 5 for having met the spirit of the study abroad experience - if you are an international student and want to verify that fulfillment of this LBC experience has been added to your records, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Comparisons - How does EMU measure up?
- General Education Requirements & Course List
- Approved Gen Ed Course Lists
Learning Beyond the Classroom Website
- Transfer Equivalency Guides
- How to find an advisor
- Confused? Contact the General Education department.
For Faculty, Staff and Advisors:
- NEW! Online TCA Request Form (Transfer Credit Application)
- General Education Requirements and Approved Course Lists
- Request inclusion of a course in the General Education program.
- Curious about the General Education requirements of other institutions?