Getting the Most out of Budgeting and Financial Management
Course Fee: $300
This course provides an overview of several important components of budgeting and financial management. It covers the overall basics needed to understand the financial strength of an organization, revenue and expenditure projections, and how to use financial data to guide decision-making within nonprofit organizations. Specifically, we will cover the importance of budgeting, estimating revenues, estimating expenditures, cash management, data collection, audits and integrated systems.
- Data collection and storage provided through bookkeeping and accounting practices.
- Prediction of revenues based on data from previous years.
- Prediction of expenditures based on previous years data and desired results in the current year.
- Cash management, and maximizing benefits for the organization.
- Pre- and post-audits of spending to assure compliance with the budget and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Using all the above outlined financial components in an integrated system.
- Overview of Budgeting and Financial Management
- Estimating Revenues
- Estimating Expenditures
- Cash Management
- Video lectures.
- PowerPoint presentations.
- Other video resources.
- Comprehension quizzes.
- Revenue forecast.
- Expenditure forecast.
- Case study.