- Ph.D., Communication and Women's and Gender Studies, Southern Illinois University, 2008
- MA, Communication, Eastern Michigan University, 1998
- BS, Communication and Journalism, Eastern Michigan University, 1996
Interests and Expertise
- Teaching women's studies and gender to incarcerated populations
- Many conference presentations
- Mentoring students in independent research
- Being on theses committees
- Queer and feminist social movements
- Genderqueer representations in history
- Third wave feminist theory and practices
- WGST 200: Introduction to Women's Studies
- WGST 202: Introduction to Gender and Sexuality Studies
- WGST 202: Inside Out Prison Exchange Program Gender and Sexuality Studies
- WGST450: Masculinities
Publications and Presentations
- "Should Same-sex Queer Women Get Married? Making a Home on Contested Terrain of Feminism, Queer politics, and Gay Marriage Rights." Presented to the 2010 National Women's Studies Annual Conference in Denver, Co.
- "Formidable-femininity:" Women's Gender Performance of Third Wave Feminism accepted to the March, 2010 Southeastern Women's Studies Annual Conference. South Carolina University, Columbia, SC.
- "Ways that female masculinity is a queer performance of feminist activism." Presented to the April, 2009 University of Wisconsin, Madison, 33rd Annual Wisconsin Women's Studies and 4th Annual LGBTQ Conference.
- "Fighting and Formidable-Femininity as a Form of Third Wave Feminist Gender and Activism." Presented to the April, 2008 Ohio State University "F" Words of Feminist Scholarship Conference.
- "Everyday Leaders and Everyday Activism in Third Wave Feminism." Presented to the April, 2004 Beloit College Third Wave Feminist Conference.