Do you have a passion for success?
Apply today to be a peer mentor with HSC! We're recruiting dedicated students with a love of learning for the Fall 2019 semester.
Mission and Vision
The goal of this program is two-fold; to increase the retention and persistence of first-year students admitted to the University, with special attention given to those students admitted through the EMU Edge Program, and to increase the retention, persistence and academic success of those students employed by the Holman Success Center as peer mentors.
Who We Are
Read our peer mentor bios.
Peer mentors assist in UNIV classrooms and Edge labs, meet with students one-on-one and in small groups, and help us in our creation of a community on campus. Meeting with a peer mentor can help you with:
- Time management and organization
- Study tools and strategies
- Finding scholarships and on-campus job opportunities
- Exploring your interests, relevant groups and student organizations on campus
- Learning how to advocate for yourself
- Developing strategies to improve your campus experience
- Referrals to other resources on campus