Opportunities for Support
If you're interested in helping MAGIC, see the list of opportunities below.
- Fundraise money for MAGIC. Consider starting a giving circle!
- Give to the MAGIC program by clicking the 'MAKE A GIFT' button.
- Donate gift cards (see list below).
- Payroll deduction: EMU offers a convenient payroll deduction option for one-time and recurring gifts for faculty and staff. When giving online, you'll be asked to make this designation on the "payment information" tab. Email Vince Cavataio if you have questions on how to set up payroll dedication at email@example.com.
- Check out the EMU_MAGIC wishlists (pantry and personal items) at Amazon and consider purchasing items students need.
- On the wishlist you'll find items that students have advocated for and items they have mentioned need of.
Current needs include:
- Help filling the pantry! Contact MAGIC to find out what items you can donate to the food pantry.
- Grocery gift cards: Kroger, Meijer, and Walmart.
- Restaurant gift cards: Dominos, Got Burger, Jimmy Johns, Starbucks, Subway, Sweetwater, and Tower Inn.
- Donating your time to train students on specific life skills (budgeting, housing assistance, job searching, healthy relationships, etc.) Contact MAGIC staff for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Opportunities for Support
In the past, MAGIC has also worked with community members and groups to provide the following:
- Winter Care Packages
- These packages include gloves, a hat, scarf and thick socks for students during the winter.
- Finals Study Packages
- These packages often include caffeine, snack items, encouraging messages and stress relieving activities for students while they get through exam time.
- Stocking Stuffer Care Packages
- Around the holidays students enjoy receiving non-holiday specific gifts that let them know they're being thought of.
- Graduation Care Packages
- Graduation is expensive so we invite supporters to involve themselves in making the experience a more memorable, affordable one for MAGIC students by adopting a graduation care package. Graduation care packages often include a diploma frame, money for the cost of graduation, cap and gown.
Please contact MAGIC staff at email@example.com if you would like to sign up to provide students with care packages or if you have questions on how to get involved.
As a reminder, all donations are eligible for a tax deduction.
Contact Vince Cavataio at the Eastern Michigan University Foundation if you have questions about making direct donations to the MAGIC program. Email Vince at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734.487.7682.