Opportunities for Support
If you're interested in helping Eastern Michigan University's MAGIC program, please see the list of opportunities below. As a reminder, all donations are eligible for a tax deduction.
- Fundraise money for MAGIC. Consider starting a giving circle!
- Give to the MAGIC program by clicking the 'MAKE A GIFT' button on the left-side of this page. Please contact the EMU Foundation if you have questions about making direct donations to the MAGIC program. Email them at email@example.com or call at 734.484.1322.
- EMU offers a convenient payroll deduction option for one-time and recurring gifts for faculty and staff. When giving online, you'll be asked to make this designation on the "payment information" tab. Email the EMU Foundation if you have questions on how to set up payroll dedication at firstname.lastname@example.org or call their main line at 734.484.1322.
Other Ways to Support MAGIC
Below are ways to be directly involved with helping Academic Success Partnership better serve and support MAGIC students:
- Help fill the MAGIC pantry! Please contact the MAGIC program to find out what items you can donate to the food pantry or that are in high demand.
- Donate grocery gift cards from stores like Kroger, Meijer, Walmart, Whole Foods or Fresh Thyme Market.
- Donate restaurant gift cards from places such as Dominos, Got Burger, Jimmy Johns, Starbucks, Subway, Sweetwater and Tower Inn. Any location near EMU is welcome!
- Consider donating your time to train students on specific life skills, such as budgeting, housing assistance, job searching and resume writing, and building healthy relationships.; Contact the MAGIC program for more information at: email@example.com.
Purchase Items via Amazon Wishlist
- Check out the EMU_MAGIC wishlists (pantry and personal items) at Amazon and consider purchasing items students need.
- On the wishlist, you'll find items that students have advocated for and items they have mentioned a need for.
Have a group that wants to help support MAGIC?
In the past, MAGIC has also worked with community members and groups to provide the following:
- Winter Care Packages
- These packages include gloves, a hat, scarf and thick socks for students during the winter.
- Finals Study Packages
- These packages often include caffeine, snack items, encouraging messages and stress relieving activities for students while they get through exam time.
- Stocking Stuffer Care Packages
- Around the holidays students enjoy receiving non-holiday specific gifts that let them know they're being thought of.
- Graduation Care Packages
- Graduation is expensive! We invite supporters to involve themselves in making the experience a more memorable and affordable one for MAGIC students by adopting a graduation care package. Graduation care packages often include a diploma frame and funds for the cost of their graduation cap and gown.
Please contact MAGIC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sign up to provide students with care packages, have ideas for a care package your group would like to develop, or if you have questions on how to get involved.