We strive to provide clear and attainable minimum admission requirements. New students enter the program annually in January (winter semester). To apply to start January 2021, the application cycle opens March 1, 2020 and closes June 10, 2020. To be considered, the program requires a completed Occupational Therapy Centralized Application System (OTCAS) application and supplemental processing fee of $35 fully completed by the June 10 deadline.
The following are the minimum requirements for an application to be reviewed and evaluated by the Program Admission Committee. All admissions requirements must be met to have a chance at being admitted. Simply meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee progression to the interview stage of the admissions process or to acceptance into the OT program.
By June 10, 2020 all of the following must be fully submitted and verified by OTCAS and the EMU OT program:
- A complete application
- All appropriate OTCAS application fees
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Official GRE scores to EMU OTCAS 4442
- Three letters of reference
- OT Observations/Volunteer Hours submitted through OTCAS
- Supporting Documentation Section fully filled out on OTCAS
- Non-refundable processing Fee of $35 paid to EMU OT program through link located in tab below.
For further information about a “complete” OTCAS application, visit the OTCAS Applicant Help Center via chat on the OTCAS website, phone (617.612.2860) or email ([email protected]).
EMU OTCAS will open March 1st of each year. To locate us, please click Add A Program on the OTCAS homepage and then Filters. If it before March 1, we can be located under Future Programs. If it is after June 10, we are located under Past Programs. Applicants can begin their application on OTCAS at any time before EMU OTCAS opens.
*Due to unprecedented circumstances with COVID-19, the following updates have been made to the 2020 Application Cycle.
- GRE results can be submitted to OTCAS through June 23, 2020. All other aspects of the application are due by the original June 10th deadline.
- Many healthcare and educational organizations have closed to student training in an effort to protect patients, professional staff and to control the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, for the 2020 application cycle, if an applicant is in need of observation hours please watch this video through AOTA and document under the Observation Hours section of OTCAS.
- Credit/No Credit or Pass/Fail grades will not be accepted for the required Pre-Admission Courses required for application.
Find out what pre-admission courses are required.