We strive to provide clear and attainable minimum admission requirements. New students enter the program annually in January (winter semester). To apply to start January 2023, the application cycle opens January 2nd, 2022 and closes June 10, 2022. To be considered, the program requires a completed Occupational Therapy Centralized Application System (OTCAS) application and supplemental processing fee of $35 fully completed by the June 10 deadline.
The following are the minimum requirements for an application to be reviewed and evaluated by the Program Admission Committee. All admissions requirements must be met to have a chance at being admitted. Simply meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee progression to the interview stage of the admissions process or to acceptance into the OT program.
By June 10, 2022 all of the following must be fully submitted and verified by OTCAS and the EMU OT Program:
- A complete application submitted to OTCAS including:
- official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- letters of reference
- supporting documentation
- personal statement
- OT observation hours*
- Official GRE scores to EMU OTCAS 4442 *
- All appropriate OTCAS application fees
- Non-refundable processing Fee of $35 paid to the EMU OT program through link located in tab below.
*Due to unprecedented circumstances with COVID-19, the following updates have been made to the 2022 Application Cycles.
- The GRE will not be required.
- Many healthcare and educational organizations are slowly reopening to student training in an effort to protect patients, professional staff and to control the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, for the 2022 application cycles, if an applicant is in need of OT observation hours please watch this video from AOTA and document under the Observation Hours section of OTCAS.
- Credit/No Credit or Pass/Fail grades will not be accepted for the required Pre-Admission Courses required for application.
For further information about a “complete” OTCAS application, visit the OTCAS Applicant Help Center via chat on the OTCAS website, phone (617.612.2860) or email ([email protected])
EMU OTCAS will open January 2 of each year. To locate us, please click Add A Program on the OTCAS homepage and then Filters. Before January 2, 2022 the EMU OTCAS application can be located under Future Programs. If it is after June 10, 2022, we are located under Past Programs. Applicants can begin their application on OTCAS at any time before EMU OTCAS opens.
If you have completed or will complete a bachelor degree before the start date of January, 2023 choose the Master of Occupational Therapy applicant option on OTCAS.
If you will not have a completed bachelor degree prior to the start date of January, 2023, but will have at least 90 completed credit hours, choose the Combined Occupational Therapy applicant option on OTCAS.
Find out what pre-admission courses are required.