We strive to provide clear and attainable minimum admission requirements. New students enter the program annually in January (winter semester). To apply to start January 2022, the application cycle opens January 2nd, 2021 and closes June 15, 2021. To be considered, the program requires a completed Occupational Therapy Centralized Application System (OTCAS) application and supplemental processing fee of $35 fully completed by the June 15 deadline.
The following are the minimum requirements for an application to be reviewed and evaluated by the Program Admission Committee. All admissions requirements must be met to have a chance at being admitted. Simply meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee progression to the interview stage of the admissions process or to acceptance into the OT program.
By June 15, 2021 all of the following must be fully submitted and verified by OTCAS and the EMU OT program:
- A complete application
- All appropriate OTCAS application fees
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Official GRE scores to EMU OTCAS 4442 *
- Three letters of reference
- OT Observations/Volunteer Hours submitted through OTCAS*
- Supporting Documentation Section fully filled out on OTCAS
- Non-refundable processing Fee of $35 paid to EMU OT program through link located in tab below.
*Due to unprecedented circumstances with COVID-19, the following updates have been made to the 2021 Application Cycle.
- The GRE will not be required.
- Many healthcare and educational organizations have closed to student training in an effort to protect patients, professional staff and to control the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, for the 2021 application cycle, if an applicant is in need of observation hours please watch this video through AOTA and document under the Observation Hours section of OTCAS.
- Credit/No Credit or Pass/Fail grades will not be accepted for the required Pre-Admission Courses required for application.
For further information about a “complete” OTCAS application, visit the OTCAS Applicant Help Center via chat on the OTCAS website, phone (617.612.2860) or email ([email protected]).
EMU OTCAS will open January 2 of each year. To locate us, please click Add A Program on the OTCAS homepage and then Filters. If it before January 2, we can be located under Future Programs. If it is after June 15, we are located under Past Programs. Applicants can begin their application on OTCAS at any time before EMU OTCAS opens.
Find out what pre-admission courses are required.