About this Program
You spend most of your time serving others. Now, put yourself first. Earn your Master of Science in Nursing: Adult–Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner degree and set your career free by equipping yourself with recognized educational credentials from Eastern Michigan University. Becoming a nurse practitioner opens the door to new opportunities for professional advancement.
Meet the need. Nurse practitioners are...
- In demand: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for nurse practitioners is expected to grow by 31% in the next seven years.
- Top earners: The mean annual wage for nurse practitioners is $100,000.
- Vital to society: As baby boomers age, the need for primary care givers to help with acute and chronic illness is growing.
Expand your abilities. Nurse practitioners are equipped to:
- Treat patients from the adolescent to older adult lifespan
- Diagnose health issues
- Record extensive health histories
- Prescribe medications and treatments
- Research, counsel and educate
You’ll benefit from the knowledge and hands-on practice of highly qualified faculty, while having the opportunity to learn in a variety of settings for clinical experiences. And, if you're interested in continuing your education beyond your graduate degree, Eastern also offers a doctorate in nursing practice that you can complete in an additional two years.