About this Program
Becoming an adult gerontology primary care nurse practitioner sets you on the path toward advancing your career. This program is for those who already have their master's degree in nursing, but would like to transition to a nurse practitioner role. At the end of this program, you’ll be eligible to sit for the national certification exam for adult gerontology primary care nurse practitioners and subsequently be eligible for state licensure.
Meet the Need. Nurse practitioners are...
- In demand: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for nurse practitioners is expected to grow by 31% in the next seven years.
- Top earners: The mean annual wage for nurse practitioners is $100,000.
- Vital to society: As baby boomers age, the need for primary care givers to help with acute and chronic illness is growing.
Expand your abilities. Nurse practitioners are equipped to:
- Treat patients from the adolescent to older adult lifespan
- Diagnose health issues
- Record extensive health histories
- Prescribe medications and treatments
- Research, counsel and educate
Eastern's program is unique in that it's offered conveniently at our EMU–Livonia site. You’ll benefit from the knowledge and hands-on practice of highly qualified faculty, while having the opportunity to learn in a variety of settings for clinical experiences. And, if you're interested in continuing your education beyond your graduate degree, Eastern also offers a doctorate in nursing practice that you can complete in an additional two years.