9 to 5 The Musical
Music & Lyrics by Dolly Parton, Book by Patricia Resnick
Based on the 20th Century Fox Picture.
Directed by Phil Simmons, Music Direction by R. MacKenzie Lewis
Mar. 31, Apr. 1, 14, 15 at 7 p.m. and Apr. 2 & 16 at 2 p.m., 2023
Suggested for ages 14+
“What a way to make a livin’!” It’s the late 1970s and coworkers Violet, Judy, and Doralee are each caught in the trap of being a woman in a man’s world. Violet can’t get promoted, Judy has been jilted, and Doralee has been objectified. Their friendship is solidified as their smarmy, sexist, hypocritical boss Franklin Hart pushes them to the edge and they push back with a vengeance. This hilarious, high-energy musical comedy is based on the 1980 iconic movie of the same name.
Originally produced on Broadway by Robert Greenblatt, April 2009, Orchestrator: BRUCE COUGHLIN, Arrangements and Additional Orchestrations: STEPHEN OREMUS & ALEX LACAMOIRE. Presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.mtishows.com
- Ticket prices for 9 to 5 The Musical are $18 regular admission, $14 for Seniors (60+), and $12 for students & MAINSTAGE patrons. Tickets are available in person at the Judy Sturgis Hill Ticket Office, by phone at 734.487.2282, and online at https://emich.ludus.com. Please note that there is an additional per ticket surcharge for tickets purchased with a credit card.
- There is no free parking on EMU's Main campus. Paid parking is available in the Alexander Guest Lot, Ford Commuter & Staff Lots and at meters. Those with an EMU parking permit may park accordingly.
- The Alexander Lot is $2 per hour, patrons will pull a ticket on entry; to exit scan the same ticket and use a credit card to process payment.
- The Ford Lots use “Text to Park/Snap to Park” options, either texting a number or scanning a QR code. Patrons pay by credit card before attending the event, license plate number is required. Signage with instructions are located in the parking lot and the theatre lobby.
- Additional paid parking can be found at meters on campus.
- Directions: Entering 1030 East Circle Drive, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 into Google Maps will bring you to the front of the Judy Sturgis Hill Bldg., just past the parking lots. There is a circle driveway for those patrons who need to be dropped off before a driver parks. The building houses the Legacy, Sponberg and Frank Ross Lab Theatre.
- In adherence with Covid protocol, everyone attending an EMU Theatre event will be encouraged to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth when community levels of COVID are elevated. We strongly encourage Covid vaccinations and/or testing before attending this or any public event. If you are not feeling well or are exhibiting any Covid symptoms, we ask that you not attend the performance. Refunds and exchanges will be available if you are unable to attend.