Peter and the Starcatcher
A Play by Rick Elice, Music by Wayne Barker
Based on the novel by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Directed by Meriah Sage, Music Direction by R. MacKenzie Lewis
Dec. 2, 3, 9, 10 at 7 p.m. and Dec. 4 & 11 at 2 p.m., 2022
School matinee - Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 10 a.m.
Suggested for ages 10+
Based upon Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson’s best-selling novel, this Tony award-winning musical explores the origin story of the most formidable Boy Who Would Not Grow Up, aka Peter Pan. Set during Victorian times, this dangerous yet playful tale tracks the fantastical escapades of three orphan boys, Lord Aster, and his daughter Molly as they set sail on two ships burdened with a mysterious cargo. Along the way, they tussle with greedy pirates, escape the clutches of the jungle, and inevitably, discover unlikely friendships, untapped courage, and their own heroic calling.
Originally produced on Broadway by Nancy Nagel Gibbs, Greg Schaffert, Eva Price, Tom Smedes, and Disney Theatrical Productions. Presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.mtishows.com
- Ticket prices for Peter and the Starcatcher are $18 regular admission, $14 for Seniors (60+), $12 for students & MAINSTAGE patrons, and $7 for Youth ages 6-12. Tickets are available in person at the Judy Sturgis Hill Ticket Office, by phone at 734.487.2282, and online at https://emich.ludus.com. Please note that there is an additional per ticket surcharge for tickets purchased with a credit card.
- Parking on EMU’s campus is available for a fee, and a credit card is required for payment. Performance parking is available in the Alexander Guest Lot and Ford Commuter & Staff Lots.
- The Alexander Lot is $2 per hour, patrons will pull a ticket on entry; to exit scan the same ticket and use a credit card to process payment.
- The Ford Lots use “Text to Park/Snap to Park” options, either texting a number or scanning a QR code. Patrons pay by credit card before attending the event, license plate number is required. Signage with instructions are located in the parking lot and the theatre lobby.
- Additional parking can be found at meters on campus.
- Those with an EMU parking permit may park accordingly.
- Directions: Entering 1030 East Circle Drive, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 into Google Maps will bring you to the front of the Judy Sturgis Hill Bldg., just past the parking lots. There is a circle driveway for those patrons who need to be dropped off before a driver parks. The building houses the Legacy, Sponberg and Frank Ross Lab Theatre.
- In adherence with Covid protocol, everyone attending an EMU Theatre event will be encouraged to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth when community levels of COVID are elevated. We strongly encourage Covid vaccinations and/or testing before attending this or any public event. If you are not feeling well or are exhibiting any Covid symptoms, we ask that you not attend the performance. Refunds and exchanges will be available if you are unable to attend.