Written by Lydia R. Diamond
Directed by Randy Stewart
Feb. 10, 11, 17, 18 at 7 p.m. and Feb. 12 & 19 at 2 p.m., 2023
Suggested for mature audiences
The LeVay family has gathered for a weekend away at their summer home on Martha’s Vineyard. The two sons have brought their current love interests to meet the parents with a plan to relax and reconnect. Instead, innocent discussions test family ties and spill secrets as issues of race, privilege and responsibility come to a head. Packed with humor, heart and witty banter, this award-winning play by Detroit native Lydia R. Diamond reveals the deep complexities of family.
The performance is directed by EMU alumnus & returning graduate student Randy Stewart and features EMU Professor Wallace Bridges in the role of patriarch, Joe LeVay. “Stick Fly” is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Samuel French, Inc., www.concordtheatricals.com
- Ticket prices for Stick Fly are $18 regular admission, $14 for Seniors (60+), and $12 for students & MAINSTAGE patrons. Tickets are available in person at the Judy Sturgis Hill Ticket Office, by phone at 734.487.2282, and online at https://emich.ludus.com. Please note that there is an additional per ticket surcharge for tickets purchased with a credit card.
- Parking on EMU’s campus is available for a fee, and a credit card is required for payment. Performance parking is available in the Alexander Guest Lot and Ford Commuter & Staff Lots.
- The Alexander Lot is $2 per hour, patrons will pull a ticket on entry; to exit scan the same ticket and use a credit card to process payment.
- The Ford Lots use “Text to Park/Snap to Park” options, either texting a number or scanning a QR code. Patrons pay by credit card before attending the event, license plate number is required. Signage with instructions are located in the parking lot and the theatre lobby.
- Additional parking can be found at meters on campus.
- Those with an EMU parking permit may park accordingly.
- Directions: Entering 1030 East Circle Drive, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 into Google Maps will bring you to the front of the Judy Sturgis Hill Bldg., just past the parking lots. There is a circle driveway for those patrons who need to be dropped off before a driver parks. The building houses the Legacy, Sponberg and Frank Ross Lab Theatre.
- In adherence with Covid protocol, everyone attending an EMU Theatre event will be encouraged to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth when community levels of COVID are elevated. We strongly encourage Covid vaccinations and/or testing before attending this or any public event. If you are not feeling well or are exhibiting any Covid symptoms, we ask that you not attend the performance. Refunds and exchanges will be available if you are unable to attend.