The Comedy of Errors
William Shakespeare's The Comedy of Errors unfolds in Ephesus, a dangerous place where non-conformity is discouraged and the citizens teeter on the brink of revolt. Set in a moment in a time that might have been...or may still yet be...we follow Antipholus and Dromio of Syracuse, the city at war with Ephesus, on an adventerous quest to find their long-lost twins. This Shakespearean comedy is tangled with twists & turns, families seeking reunification, and mistaken identities. The Comedy of Errors is directed by John Seibert and is EMU Theatre's first venture back to in-person performances since March of 2020. We ask for your patience with any new protocols & procedures, including wearing masks, social distancing and "Text to Park/Snap to Park" payment for parking.
October 15, 16*, 22, 23 at 7 p.m. and
October 17 & 24 at 2 p.m., 2021
Suggested for ages 14+
*Saturday, October 16 at 7 p.m. will be an accessible performance, designed to offer services to enhance the experience of patrons with sensory impairments (blind and low vision; deaf and hearing loss). Services available will include ASL interpreters, Closed Captioning, Audio Description, Tactile Resources, and Large Print Programs.
Parking on EMU’s campus is available for a fee and a credit card is required for payment. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday performance parking is available in the Alexander Guest Lot and Ford Commuter & Staff Lots. Additional parking can be found at meters on campus or the Pease Guest Lot. Those with an EMU parking permit may park accordingly. Visit www.ParkEMU.com for more details about parking on campus.
- Alexander Lot is $1.75 per hour. Patrons will pull a ticket on entry, scan the same ticket at exit and use a credit card to process payment.
- Ford Lots event rate will be $5; transaction will total $5.35 with service fee. The Ford Commuter & Staff lot will use Text to Park/Snap to Park options, texting or scanning a QR code. Patrons will pay via one of those options, by credit card, before exiting their vehicle prior to attending the event.
Covid protocol for audiences attending EMU Theatre productions:
- MASKS ARE A MUST: Everyone attending an EMU Theatre event must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth while in the building. If you need a mask, please see a house manager.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We ask that patrons maintain a minimum of 3 feet of social distancing while in attendance. Once inside the theatre we will be distancing by leaving an empty seat between parties.
- VACCINATIONS & TESTING: While vaccinations are not currently required for audiences, we strongly encourage Covid vaccinations and/or testing before attending any public event.
- SICK? STAY HOME: If you aren't feeling well or are exhibiting any Covid symptoms, we ask that you do not attend a performance. Refunds and exchanges will be available for those unable to attend.
- EMU COVID PASS: We encourage all guests to complete the EMU Covid Pass Daily Health Screening before entering any building on campus.