A Devised theatre piece directed by Cameron Prevatte
March 17, 18, at 7 p.m., and March 19 at 2 p.m.
School matinees March 21 & 22 at 10 a.m.
Suggested for audiences ages 8+
What is it to sleep? What is waking up? How can we find harmony between the two? This originally devised work for young audiences features larger than life puppets, masked characters, and live music as it explores how we care for ourselves in an ever-changing world. Come join us on an exciting, interactive adventure that will captivate, inspire, and refresh!
- Ticket prices for Waking Up are $10 Second Stage admission, no further discounts apply. Tickets are available in person at the Judy Sturgis Hill Ticket Office, by phone at 734.487.2282, and online at https://emich.ludus.com. Please note that there is an additional per ticket surcharge for tickets purchased with a credit card.
- Parking on EMU’s campus is available for a fee, and a credit card is required for payment. Performance parking is available in the Alexander Guest Lot and Ford Commuter & Staff Lots.
- The Alexander Lot is $2 per hour, patrons will pull a ticket on entry; to exit scan the same ticket and use a credit card to process payment.
- The Ford Lots use “Text to Park/Snap to Park” options, either texting a number or scanning a QR code. Patrons pay by credit card before attending the event, license plate number is required. Signage with instructions are located in the parking lot and the theatre lobby.
- Additional parking can be found at meters on campus.
- Those with an EMU parking permit may park accordingly.
- Directions: Entering 1030 East Circle Drive, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 into Google Maps will bring you to the front of the Judy Sturgis Hill Bldg., just past the parking lots. There is a circle driveway for those patrons who need to be dropped off before a driver parks. The building houses the Legacy, Sponberg and Frank Ross Lab Theatre.
- In adherence with Covid protocol, everyone attending an EMU Theatre event will be encouraged to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth when community levels of COVID are elevated. We strongly encourage Covid vaccinations and/or testing before attending this or any public event. If you are not feeling well or are exhibiting any Covid symptoms, we ask that you not attend the performance. Refunds and exchanges will be available if you are unable to attend.