A Year with Frog and Toad
A Year with Frog and Toad is a heartwarming musical comedy based on the Caldecott and Newbery award-winning stories by Arnold Lobel. Follow a year in the life of beloved characters Frog, Toad and friends as they skip from season to season and song to song. Adventures abound, from winter sledding to summer swimming, as cheerful Frog and grumpy Toad learn to grow their friendship with each turn of the calendar page. This Tony Award-nominated musical features an upbeat score with music by Robert Reale and book & lyrics by Willie Reale, and is directed by Jennifer Felts, with musical direction by R. MacKenzie Lewis. As this is our first semester back to in-person productions, we ask for your patience with any new protocols & procedures, including wearing masks, social distancing and "Text to Park/Snap to Park" payment for parking.
December 3, 4, 10, 11 at 7 p.m. and
December 5* & 12 at 2 p.m., 2021
Suggested for ages 6+
*Sunday, December 5 at 2 p.m. will be a sensory friendly performance, designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to all families who have members with autism or with other sensory sensitivities.
Parking on EMU’s campus is available for a fee and a credit card is required for payment. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday performance parking is available in the Alexander Guest Lot and Ford Commuter & Staff Lots. Additional parking can be found at meters on campus or the Pease Guest Lot. Those with an EMU parking permit may park accordingly. Visit www.ParkEMU.com for more details about parking on campus.
- Alexander Lot is $1.75 per hour. Patrons will pull a ticket on entry, scan the same ticket at exit and use a credit card to process payment.
- Ford Lots event rate will be $5; transaction will total $5.35 with service fee. The Ford Commuter & Staff lot will use Text to Park/Snap to Park options, texting or scanning a QR code. Patrons will pay via one of those options, by credit card, before exiting their vehicle prior to attending the event.
Covid protocol for audiences attending EMU Theatre productions:
- MASKS ARE A MUST: Everyone attending an EMU Theatre event must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth while in the building. If you need a mask, please see a house manager.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: We ask that patrons maintain a minimum of 3 feet of social distancing while in attendance. Once inside the theatre we will be distancing by leaving an empty seat between parties.
- VACCINATIONS & TESTING: While vaccinations are not currently required for audiences, we strongly encourage Covid vaccinations and/or testing before attending any public event.
- SICK? STAY HOME: If you aren't feeling well or are exhibiting any Covid symptoms, we ask that you do not attend a performance. Refunds and exchanges will be available for those unable to attend.
- EMU COVID PASS: We encourage all guests to complete the EMU Covid Pass Daily Health Screening before entering any building on campus.