Effective Program Development
This course addresses mission-driven program design and outcomes. It covers the importance of needs assessment, asset identification, research-based findings of needs, inclusive program strategies, program implementation strategies, logistics, marketing, and evaluation strategies. In addition, the need for allocation of program-related resources (staffing, space, and funding) is also addressed. The course is arranged into four primary areas.
- Understand the framework for effective program design.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of strategic planning for effective program design.
- Understand how to determine appropriate resource allocation for programs.
- How to market your program(s).
- How to evaluate nonprofit programs.
- Framework for Program Planning
- Program Design and Development
- Resources and Promotion
- Program Evaluation
- Putting it All Together
- Video lectures.
- PowerPoint presentations.
- Other video resources.
- Multiple choice comprehension quizzes for each module.
- Cumulative essay questions requiring critical thinking and analysis.