Foundations of the Nonprofit Sector
This course provides a grounding in the historical and philosophical foundations of the nonprofit sector in American society. This course is designed to help you understand the evolution and purpose of the nonprofit sector, its distinctiveness, its structure, its capacities and limitations. We will also look at challenges faced by the sector moving forward.
- Provide essential knowledge of the historical and philosophical foundations of the nonprofit sector in American society.
- Discuss the evolution of the nonprofit sector, its structure and extent, its capacities and limitations, as well as its distinctiveness.
- Demonstrate the evolution of the roles and responsibilities given to or assumed by organizations in the non-profit sector, during the past half century in the U.S.
- Examine the extent the challenges facing the U.S. nonprofit sector and our civil society.
- Identify and demonstrate the ways voluntary and nonprofit organizations profoundly affect the making of public policy in the U.S.
- Introduction to Nonprofit Organizations
- Theories of Nonprofit Organizations
- International Nonprofits
- Putting it All Together
- Video lectures.
- PowerPoint presentations.
- Other video resources.
- Multiple choice comprehension quizzes for each module.
- Cumulative essay questions requiring critical thinking and analysis.