New Directions in Fundraising
This course offers a comprehensive understanding of what fundraising is and is not. It explores the elements of the fundraising process and teaches how these may be applied to various methods of fundraising. The course focuses on donor motivation and how to write an appealing case for a support document in a way that appeals to the needs, wants and mission of an organization. Finally, it reviews the components, costs and relative merits of each of the six fundraising methods commonly used in today’s nonprofit organizations.
- Provide students with a grounding in the basic techniques and methods of nonprofit fundraising.
- Help students discover and understand the components of fundraising infrastructure in a nonprofit organization.
- Provide an understanding of donor motivations relationships, and how these affect the planning and implementation of fundraising strategies within the nonprofit organization.
- Fundraising Process
- Fundraising Methods
- Donor Motivation
- Case for Support
- Board Roles
- Putting it All Together
- Video lectures.
- PowerPoint presentations.
- Other video resources.
- Multiple choice comprehension quizzes for each module.
- Cumulative essay questions requiring critical thinking and analysis.