The Coatings Research Institute (CRI) at Eastern Michigan University is a leading academic-based organization that develops relevant scientific knowledge for understanding and for expanding the science and technology of polymers, coatings, paints, inks, adhesives and related nano-based materials.
Open Enrollment Classes
Each spring, the CRI partners with Professional Programs & Training to offer a series of professional programs to help coatings professionals gain the knowledge and skill required to excel in their field.
Polymers & Coatings Short Courses
- Color Technology (16 Hours)
- Fundamentals of Resins and Polymers for Paints and Coatings(21 Hours)
- Principles and Practices of Coating Formulations(21 Hours)
- Waterborne Coatings: Technology, Formulation and Applications(21 Hours)
- Basics of Paints & Coatings, Applications and Testing (21 Hours)
Since 1985, the CRI has been dedicated to providing solutions to the toughest problems facing the coatings industry. Through CRI short courses, thousands of industry professionals have benefited from this research. Our knowledgeable instructors consistently receive top evaluation scores for their expertise, experience and teaching effectiveness.