- What is Business Link?
- Talent Pathway
- Research with Business & Industry
- Commercialization & Technology Transfer
- Centers, Institutes & Laboratories
- Training, Testing & Certifications
- Corporate Partnerships & Impact
- Curriculum & Program Collaboration
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the Human Resource (HR) profession. Now more than ever, HR teams around the globe are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization.
Through a partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Eastern Michigan University (EMU) Professional Programs and Training (PPAT) offers a curriculum designed by global subject matter experts for HR professionals to acquire the competencies and knowledge needed to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the New Standard in HR Certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®).
Do you need a scholarship? See if you are eligible by visiting the SHRM scholarship site or request assistance from MMHRA. Questions about the exam or about eligibility? Visit the SHRM Certifications homepage for more information.
What We Can Do
The SHRM Learning System® for Certification Preparation Course
This intensive, 12-week program is designed primarily for individuals seeking the HR certification. Taught by experienced, certified instructors, our prep course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion. The course is as follows:
- Receive the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP comprised of comprehensive learning modules in print and e-reader formats, and advanced online resources.
- Earn 3.5 continuing education units (CEUs) for completing the course.
- Course cost $1,200 which includes all materials and access to the complete SHRM Learning System.
- All courses are conducted in person and meet from 6-9 p.m. on the designated nights.
These study materials will streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exams. And our expert trainers bring current HR examples into the classroom for real-world application.
For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System ® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity. Find out more by watching SHRM's Roadmap to Certification video.
Strategic HR Recertification Courses
For the HR professional who has strategic-planning or policy-making responsibilities and needs SHRM or HRCI recertification credit hours. Get recertification hours from each five-week course. Each course is $550 including materials.
Visit our registration site to see a complete list of available dates and locations and to register for a class.
EMU offers its programs in partnership with:
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Detroit Society for Human Resource Management
- Greater Ann Arbor Society for Human Resource Management
- Greater Lansing SHRM
Our Track Record
EMU was recognized as a SHRM Learning System 2016 Top 20 Institution and has one of the longest standing partnership with SHRM in the country. Since 1993, EMU has been at the forefront developing and support human resource professionals through the SHRM system. We consistently have a higher pass rate than the national average for both the CP and SCP certification exams.
Need More Information?
Give us a call at 734.487.2259 or 800.932.8689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.