Peer Academic Coaching
As of Monday, March 16, 2020, HSC is offering Peer Academic Coaching with Google Meet.
- Choose the "Academic Support" tile in the EMU Engage app, then "Meet our Peer Academic Coaches"
- Select your regular coach or choose a coach from the list
- Email your coach for an online appointment; they will supply a link to a Google Meet
- Be sure to have your planner and any questions prepared before you begin the Meet!
Do you have a passion for success?
Apply today to be a Peer Academic Coach with HSC! We're recruiting dedicated students with a love of learning for the Fall 2020 semester.
Mission and Vision
The goal of this program is two-fold; to increase the retention and persistence of first-year students admitted to the University, with special attention given to those students admitted through the EMU Edge Program, and to increase the retention, persistence and academic success of those students employed by the Holman Success Center as Peer Academic Coaches.
Who We Are
Read our PAC bios.
Peer Academic Coaches assist in UNIV classrooms, Eagle Study Tables, and Edge labs, meet with students one-on-one and in small groups, and help us in our creation of a community on campus. Meeting with a Peer Academic Coach can help you with:
- Time management and organization
- Study tools and strategies
- Finding scholarships and on-campus job opportunities
- Exploring your interests, relevant groups and student organizations on campus
- Learning how to advocate for yourself
- Developing strategies to improve your campus experience
- Referrals to other resources on campus