The Black Student Ten Point Plan.
- Percent of black faculty to equal that of black students at EMU (excluding AAS)
- All students take a General Education course on race, ethnicity and racism
- A course on black studies will be built into every major;
- Mandatory cultural competency training for all faculty and staff, including DPS
- Designated space where marginalized students can gather safely and learn about financial and academic resources available to black students.
- Explore options for utilizing outside vendors to provide culturally appropriate food for certain student organization events;
- Alternate meal plan options for low-income students;
- Professional staff designated to identify by financial resources for black students;
- Committee designated by members of BSU to serve on the homecoming Committee with the freedom to plan events for Black Homecoming;
- Doctorate and Master’s Program for Africology and African American Studies with adequate funding and no less than full time graduate assistantships