If you have testing accommodations, you may choose to take exams in the department and/or with the professor or you can take your exams at the CATE Lab. From the information that you provide on your testing accommodation form, we will arrange to obtain, proctor, and return exams and quizzes to faculty for scoring.
Guidelines for Taking Exams/Quizzes Through the CATE Lab
You initiate exam scheduling by downloading a CATE Lab scheduling form and completing the student section for each course for which you plan to use the CATE Lab. If possible, refer to your syllabus so you can schedule all of your exams from the course on one testing form. This allows us to plan for accommodations on specific dates.
Inform your instructor that you will be taking exams at the CATE Lab. Provide the CATE Lab scheduling form to your instructor to complete their section and be sure to pick up it up from them well in advance of the exam date to schedule your exams at the CATE Lab. You can also email the exam form to us at email@example.com.
Exams occur at the same time as your class unless using your accommodations would prevent you from attending a class lecture component. If you have a conflict with another class, let us know immediately.
If your exam is scheduled outside our business hours, we will coordinate an alternate exam time with you and your instructor or you can make arrangements with the professor to test in the department.
While we attempt to accommodate late exam requests, there are times where extra steps will be required to arrange accommodations and we will not be able to have you test at the CATE Lab. If this is the case, you may need to test in class or with the professor in the department. Being proactive on your part will result in a less stressful exam day.
If you need to cancel a scheduled exam, (for example, withdrew from class, chose to take exam in class or exam is cancelled or postponed) contact the CATE Lab at 487.1419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to do on Test Day
- Arrive on time, bringing the items your professor is allowing for the test (if any), such as notecards, calculator, etc.
- Place all personal items in storage space provided.
- Cell phones and mobile/electronic devices are not allowed to be near you during exams. You can leave these devices with CATE staff and they will be secured.
- Final Exams: You may be scheduled to take your test in a different location due to volume of exams.
Unauthorized Materials and Cheating
- The use of unauthorized materials during tests or cheating in any form is not tolerated.
- The test area is monitored regularly and video cameras are in use.
- If you are suspected of having unauthorized materials or of cheating in any way:
- Your instructor will be informed of the suspected incident.
- You will be referred under Part A of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Your instructor may choose to impose additional penalties.