CATE Lab COVID-19
DRC COVID-19 Resources
CATE Lab Protocols In Response To COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
The number of exams proctored in the CATE Lab will need to be significantly reduced due to:
- Spacing requirements
- The need to disinfect each workstation after use - 30 minutes is the best estimate at this point.
Updated Operation Protocols - Updated August 25, 2021
- The CATE Lab will be open Monday through Thursday 9 AM - 5 PM
- The CATE Lab will be open only when classes are in session. If classes return to online format due to COVID increases, the CATE Lab will be closed.
- Signage will be on the doors discouraging walk-in appointments, questions, dropping off of materials.
- The absolute maximum number of students testing simultaneously will be 10.
- Paper testing forms have been permanently eliminated. All scheduling will be conducted via email. Instructions for doing so are posted on the CATE Lab testing page and emailed to faculty and students.
- Exams read aloud by a human will utilize Zoom.
- Exams scribed by a human will utilize Zoom.
- Technology assessments will be conducted remotely. Dragon Dictate assessments will not be able to be performed at the CATE Lab due to the necessity of microphones. An alternate online assessment will be provided.
- Students are welcomed and encouraged to bring their own headphones and microphones.
Delivery of exams
- Exams will be scanned and emailed. This may include taking a photo and emailing the pdf.
- Exams will no longer be available for delivery to departments nor will the option for professors to pick up exams be available.
Please use the professor letter template [PDF] to request dates and testing time from your professor. It would be helpful for you to attach your LOA to the email so that your professor is reminded of your specific accommodations.
If you have any questions, please contact the CATE Lab Coordinator, Jenny Clark at [email protected] or 734.487.1419.