CATE Lab COVID-19
DRC COVID-19 Resources
CATE Lab Protocols In Response To COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
The number of exams proctored in the CATE Lab will need to be significantly reduced due to:
- Spacing requirements
- The need to disinfect each workstation after use - 30 minutes is the best estimate at this point.
Updated Operation Protocols
- The CATE Lab will be open two days per week when it is deemed safe to have in-person classes.
- Signage will be on the doors discouraging walk-in appointments, questions, dropping off of materials.
- The absolute maximum number of students testing simultaneously will be 6 and that is if no human reader and/or scribe is necessary.
- Equipment loan forms will be online.
- Paper testing forms will be eliminated for Fall term. All scheduling will be conducted via email. Instructions for doing so will be posted on the DRC site, CATE lab site, and emailed to faculty and students.
- Exams will be accommodated on site at EMU only in rare cases where the student is unable to access Zoom from a home computer.
- Exams that need to be read aloud by a human will utilize Zoom and if accommodated onsite at EMU, will use two testing rooms at CATE.
- Exams that need to be scribed by a human will utilize Zoom and if accommodated onsite at EMU, use two testing rooms at CATE.
- There will be no technology assessments that cannot be conducted remotely. Dragon Dictate assessments will not be able to be performed at the CATE Lab due to the necessity of microphones. An alternate online assessment is being researched.
- Students are welcomed and encouraged to bring their own headphones and microphones.
- The CATE Lab will not be able to retrieve personal items from students’ backpacks.
- The CATE Lab will not provide any materials beyond a pencil and the student will take that with them upon exam completion.
Delivery of exams
- Exams will be scanned and emailed. This may include taking a photo and emailing the pdf.
- Exams will no longer be available for delivery to departments nor will the option for professors to pick up exams be available.
If you have any questions, please contact the CATE Lab Coordinator, Jenny Clark at [email protected] or 734.487.1419.