Omicron Delta Epsilon
Welcome to the homepage of ODE, Eastern Michigan University ETA Chapter. The Chapter is established in 1975 and Dr. Mehmet E. Yaya is the current faculty advisor for the society. To become a member of Omicron Delta Epsilon, you must submit your application to Dr. Yaya and fulfill the eligibility requirements set out below.
The minimum requirements for admission for undergraduates are:
- completion of 12 semester hours of economics courses; and
- attainment of at least a “B” average in economics courses and an overall “B” average in all classes, and a class standing in the upper one-third.
- Students do not have to be economics majors, but must have a genuine interest in economics in addition to meeting the above requirements.
Graduate students in economics are judged solely on their graduate work. They must have:
- completed one semester of full-time work (minimum 9 credit hours), and
- attainment of a “B” or better average.
2019 Inductees of ODE Eta Chapter at Eastern Michigan University: (Top row L-R) Kevin Krause, Ian House, Adrina Ramirez-Cuellar,Nasiba Usmonova, Dr. Mehmet Yaya (front row L-R) Evan Delcamp, Martyna Czopek, Camila Henriquez-Mora, Adegboyega Owolabi, (Not pictured) Troy Pardo, Katherine Maza.
Benefits of Membership
- International recognition of scholastic achievement in economics.
- A publication outlet for promising undergraduate and graduate student papers in The American Economist, the journal of Omicron Delta Epsilon.
- Closer academic and professional relationships with the faculty at your university.
- Closer professional and social relationships with fellow ODE members at your university.
- Closer professional and social relationships with ODE members at other universities with Omicron Delta Epsilon chapters.
- ODE sponsored meetings at the annual conventions of regional, national and international associations.
- Eligibility to compete for the Frank Taussig and Irving Fisher Awards (both cash prizes and publication of essays).
- Eligibility to compete for the Outstanding Student Leader Award.
- One-year subscription to The American Economist.
The membership form should be filled out by applying students and handed to the faculty advisor along with the unofficial transcript.
The new members are inducted to the society once per year during the Student Awards Ceremony that is generally being held on the first week of April of each year.