Research of Five EMU History Students Featured on the Symposium Podcast
Between May and July 2020, the research of five EMU History students was featured on the Eastern Echo's Symposium podcast. These students had planned to present their research at the 2020 Undergraduate Symposium, which was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The presentations of students Leigh Young, Christian Watts, Shelbie Torok, and Kaitlyn Eby were based on research done in the EMU Archives for the History Senior Seminar taught by Professor Mary-Elizabeth Murphy, while Makoto Takata's talk was based on her Religious Studies capstone project completed under the guidance of Professor James Egge.
You can listen to all five podcasts at the links below:
- Leigh Young, The Battlefront Back Home
- Christian Watts, Black Dissent - A Fight for Student Rights
- Shelbie Torok, 237 Letters
- Kaitlyn Eby, 'Yo‒This Way to EMU'
- Makoto Takata, Children and Childhood in the Bhagavata Purana