- Campbell, D. G., Bonner, L. M., Bolkan, C. R., Lanto, A. B., Zivin, K., Waltz, T. J., Klap, R., Rubenstein, L. V., & Chaney, E. F. (2016). Stigma predicts treatment preferences and care engagement among Veterans Affairs primary care patients with depression. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 50(4), 533-544.
- Davis, T. D., Campbell, D. G., Bonner, L. M., Bolkan, C. R., Lanto, A., Chaney, E. F., Waltz, T. J., Zivin, K., Yano, E. M., & Rubenstein, L. V. (2016). Women veterans with depression in Veterans Health Administration primary care: An assessment of needs and preferences. Women's Health Issues, 26(6), 656-666.
- Drossel, C., Fisher, J. E., & Mercer, V. (2011). A DBT skills training group for family caregivers of persons with dementia. Behavior Therapy, 42(1), 109-119.
- Drossel, C., Forchheimer, M., & Meade, M. A. (2016). Characteristics of individuals with Spinal cord injury who use cannabis for therapeutic purposes. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation, 22(1), 3-12.
- Janisse, H. C., Bhavnagri, N., Li, X., Butler, S. T., Stanton, B., & Johns, S. E. (2014). Impact of classroom computer availability on preschoolers’ social interactions. National Head Start Association: Dialog, 17 (3), 16-34.
- Janisse, H.C., Li, X., Bhavnagri, N., Esposito, C., & Stanton, B. (2018). A longitudinal study of the effect of computers on cognitive development of low-income, African American preschool children. Early Education and Development, 29 (2).
- Karaketin, C., Gehrman, R. & Lawler, J. M. (2014). A Study of Maltreated Children and Their Families in Juvenile Court: I. Court Performance Measures. Children and Youth Services Review 41, 62-74.
- Karaketin, C., Gehrman, R. & Lawler, J. M. (2014). A Study of Maltreated Children and Their Families in Juvenile Court: III. Case plans. Juvenile and Family Court Journal, 65(3-4), 47-67.
- Lawler, J. M ., Hostinar, C. E., Mliner, S., & Gunnar, M. R. (2014) Disinhibited Social Engagement in Post-Institutionalized Children: Differentiating Normal from Atypical Behavior. Development and Psychopathology 26(2), 451-464.
- Lawler, J. M., Karaketin, C., & Gehrman, R. (2016). Maltreated Children and Their Families in Juvenile Court: II. Maltreatment Recidivism. Journal of Public Child Welfare.
- Lawler, J. M., Koss, K. J., & Gunnar, M. R. (2017). Bidirectional effects of parenting and child behavior in internationally adopting families. Journal of Family Psychology, 31 (5), 563-573.
- Lawler, J. M ., Koss, K., Doyle, C., & Gunnar, M. R. (2016) The course of early disinhibited social engagement among post-institutionalized children. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 57 (10), 1126-1134.
- Maragakis, A., Siddharthan, R., RachBeisel, J., & Snipes, C. (2016). Creating a ‘reverse’ integrated primary and mental healthcare clinic for those with serious mental illness. Primary Health Care Research & Development, 17(5), 421-427.
- Rosenblum, K. L., Lawler, J. M., Alafara, E., Miller, N., Schuster, M., & Muzik, M. (in press) Improving Maternal Representations in High-Risk Mothers: Randomized, Controlled Trial of the Mom Power Parenting Intervention. Child Psychiatry and Human Development.
- Shen, B., Lee, T., Janisse, H., Brogan, K., & Jen, C. (2012). African-American preschoolers' physical activity levels in Head Start. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport , 83 (2):168-74.
Posters and Presentations
- Badaoui, H.H. & Saules, K. K. (2016, November). Religiosity, depression and barriers to mental health care utilization among Muslim American college students. Poster presentation to the second annual University of Michigan-Dearborn Health Psychology Research Symposium.
- Badaoui, H.H., Saules, K. K., & Pejsa-Reitz, M. C. (2017, March). Relationships between ethnic identity, depression, suicidality, and barriers to mental health service utilization. Poster presentation to the Depression on College Campuses Conference, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Badaoui, H. H., Saules, K. K., & Pejsa-Reitz, M. C. (2016, May). The relationship between religiosity and suicidality is mediated by depression and moderated by ethnic identity. Poster presentation to the Michigan Psychological Association, Lansing, MI.
- Pejsa-Reitz, M. C., Badaoui, H.H., Saules, K. K., & Carr, M. M. (2016, May). Religiosity and race are protective factors against engagement in multiple risk behaviors. Poster presentation to the Michigan Psychological Association, Lansing, MI
Student Thesis and Dissertations
- Baluck, T. (2017, September). Assessing Therapist Attitudes toward Consensually Non-Monogamous Clients. Dissertation proposal presented and approved by doctoral training committee.
- Whalen, M. L. (2013). Deaf female-to-male (FTM) identity explored. Eastern Michigan University Master Theses and Doctoral Dissertation, 480.