Faculty Resources

Interested in proposing a study abroad program? Proposals are vetted through the Curriculog system (select "other" and the forms to upload include a budget and daily itinerary as well as course information) and must be approved by your department head, dean or SIO of the Global Center for Engagement and Study Abroad. 

We are accepting proposals until April 1 for faculty-led programs to be held during the following calendar year. If you need assistance with planning or conceptualizing your program, contact Kristen Krug-Shaffer at [email protected].

Program Locations

EMU does not permit study abroad programs to be held in countries at Level 4 on the State Department list. Programs in countries with a Level 3 warning will be considered on a case by case basis. Health and Safety are our primary concerns, and in cases when a previously approved program's location appears on the Travel Warning or Alert list, the itinerary or program in process may need to be changed or cancelled.