If you are unable to find the answer to your questions on this page, email [email protected] for support.
Check Your Organization's Status
- Student Organization Clery Travel Form- All registered student organizations must complete this form if you are planning an overnight trip for your organization
- Hazing Policy [PDF]
- Chalking Policy [PDF]
- Poster, Flyer and Table Tent Policy [PDF]
- Advertising in the Student Center
- Business Card Policy [PDF]
- Student Organization Conduct Code
Creating a New Student Organization
If you are interested in creating a new organization please watch the New Student Organization Application EagleSync Tutorial, which will walk you through the process of submitting the application.
Managing an Existing Organization
Keeping a Student Organization in Good Standing
Two actions are needed to keep a student organization in Good Standing:
- Update the org's portal detailed below in 'Annual Update Process'
- Have two members of the org attend Solar Kickoff which occurs in September of every school year
Keeping your Org in Good Standing Video Instructions
Annual Update Process
The only way to update your portal, which includes your e-board, is through the following steps:
- Login into your org page in EagleSync
- Click on the grid icon on the left hand side of your screen and select 'Manage' view
- Select the organization you wish you update under your "Memberships". This will take you to that portal
- Select the blue "Re-register this organization" button
- After you submitted the update make sure all members sign their e-signature forms
- Re-registration Tutorial
- Group Session Facilitation Guide [PDF]
- Incoming and Outgoing Officer Worksheets [PDF]
- Important Student Org and Campus Life emails are sent out via your EagleSync Roster and we ask that you keep the roster updated.
Special Events Form
This form is used for registered student orgs in good standing with Campus Life who would like to request use of an on campus venue for an upcoming event. This form applies to events expecting more than 50 guests. This is a request form, not an automatic approval for the event. Groups must wait for confirmation from the Conference and Event Services office in order to proceed with marketing and planning.
- Link is unique to your portal:
Admin's go to specific Org Portal on EagleSync->
"Events" tab--> "Create an Event" button
- Special Events Application Form
- Special Event Sample Timeline [PDF]
- Questions on booking space:
Conference and Event Services
- Marketing Checklist [PDF]
- CES Multi-date Meeting Request Form [PDF]
Office Space Application
- Student Organization offices are available each school year. The application to request a student org office for the 2022-2023 school will be available on EagleSync in August. If you have any questions regarding this, please email [email protected].
Student Organization Office Policies [PDF]
SOLAR (Student Organizations Learning and Resources) Workshops
Note: SOLAR Kick-Off Session is mandatory for two members from each Recognized Student Organization. All other SOLAR sessions are encouraged but optional.
In order to receive funding from on-campus departments, student organizations must be established vendors with the University. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Set up an external bank account at the financial institution of your choice (e.g. the EMU Credit Union branch located in the Student Center). Please make sure that the name of your organization's bank account is the same as the name of your organization.
- Become established as a University vendor by submitting a completed W-9 Form [PDF]and an Authorization for Direct Deposit Form (Business Vendors) [PDF] to the EMU Accounts Payable Office by either fax (734-485-5281), mail (112 Hover Building Ypsilanti, MI 48197), or via secure electronic submission using Virtu Secure Share to: [email protected]
- Once you have received confirmation from Accounts Payable that your organization has been successfully set up as a vendor, email the department you are receiving funds from to request a balance transfer.
In order to receive funds from any department on campus your organization must have an external bank account set up and have completed the W9 and Direct Deposit paperwork with Accounting.
- Please use this web template to generate an invoice when receiving funding from a University department.
Funding and Fundraising
- Eagle Connections - Collaboration Grant 2022-2023
- Student Organization Professional Development Conference Application
- Student Government Funding, Training and Resource Portal