If you are unable to find the answer to your questions on this page, email [email protected] for support.
- Student Organization Clery Travel Form- All registered student organizations must complete this form if you are planning an overnight trip for your organization
- Hazing Policy [PDF]
- Chalking Policy [PDF]
- Poster, Flyer and Table Tent Policy [PDF]
- Advertising in the Student Center
- Business Card Policy [PDF]
- Student Organization Conduct Code
Creating a New Student Organization
If you are interested in creating a new organization please watch the New Student Organization Application EagleSync Tutorial, which will walk you through the process of submitting the application.
Managing an Existing Organization
Keeping a Student Organization in Good Standing
Two actions are needed to keep a student organization in Good Standing:
- Update the org's portal detailed below in 'Annual Update Process'
- Have two members of the org attend Solar Kickoff which occurs in September of every school year
Annual Update Process
The only way to update your portal, which includes your e-board, is through the following steps:
- Login into your org page in EagleSync
- Click on the grid icon on the left hand side of your screen and select 'Manage' view
- Select the organization you wish you update under your "Memberships". This will take you to that portal
- Select the blue "Re-register this organization" button
- After you submitted the update make sure all members sign their e-signature forms
- Re-registration Tutorial
- Group Session Facilitation Guide [PDF]
- Incoming and Outgoing Officer Worksheets [PDF]
- Sample Transition Guide [PDF]
- Important Student Org and Campus Life emails are sent out via your EagleSync Roster and we ask that you keep the roster updated.
Special Events Form
This form is used for registered student orgs in good standing with Campus Life who would like to request use of an on campus venue for an upcoming event. This form applies to events expecting more than 50 guests. This is a request form, not an automatic approval for the event. Groups must wait for confirmation from the Conference and Event Services office in order to proceed with marketing and planning.
- Link is unique to your portal:
Admin's go to specific Org Portal on EagleSync->
"Events" tab--> "Create an Event" button
- Special Events Application Form
- Special Event Sample Timeline [PDF]
- Questions on booking space:
Conference and Event Services
- Marketing Checklist [PDF]
- CES Multi-date Meeting Request Form [PDF]
- How to Create a Form on EagleSync
- How to Create an Event on EagleSync
Office Space Application
Student Organization offices are currently unavailable for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you have any questions regarding this, please email [email protected].
SOLAR (Student Organizations Learning and Resources) Workshops
This year's SOLAR Kickoff will take place on September 6th from 5pm-7pm in the Student Center Ballroom. We look forward to seeing you all back in person for SOLAR Kickoff!
Note: SOLAR Kick-Off Session is mandatory for two members from each Recognized Student Organization. All other SOLAR sessions are encouraged but optional.
Upcoming SOLAR Workshops
SOLAR Kickoff : September 6th | Student Center Ballroom | 5-7pm
Recruiting and Retaining Members: October 10th | Student Center Room 330 | 5-6pm
Mental Health Matters: November 14th | Student Center Room 330 | 5-6pm
Conflict Resolution: January 23rd | Student Center Room 330 | 5-6pm
Developing a Healthy Work Life Balance: February 6th | Student Center Room 330 | 5-6pm
Marketing Your Org: March 5th | Student Center Room 330 | 5-6pm
Tips for a Successful Officer Transition: April 2nd | Student Center Room 330 | 5-6pm
In order to receive funding from on-campus departments, student organizations must be established vendors with the University. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Set up an external bank account at the financial institution of your choice (e.g. the EMU Credit Union branch located in the Student Center). Please make sure that the name of your organization's bank account is the same as the name of your organization.
- Become established as a University vendor by submitting a completed W-9 Form [PDF]and an Authorization for Direct Deposit Form (Business Vendors) [PDF] to the EMU Accounts Payable Office by either fax (734-485-5281), mail (112 Hover Building Ypsilanti, MI 48197), or via secure electronic submission using Virtu Secure Share to: [email protected]
- Once you have received confirmation from Accounts Payable that your organization has been successfully set up as a vendor, email the department you are receiving funds from to request a balance transfer.
In order to receive funds from any department on campus your organization must have an external bank account set up and have completed the W9 and Direct Deposit paperwork with Accounting.
- Please use this web template to generate an invoice when receiving funding from a University department.
- Tax and EIN Information for Student Organizations
Funding and Fundraising
- Eagle Connections - Collaboration Grant 2023-2024
- Student Organization Professional Development Conference Application
- Student Government Funding, Training and Resource Portal