Children & Families
In the Early Childhood Program, you will complete two practicum experiences in the EMU Children’s Institute and a final internship.
- ECE 215 - The Developing Early Childhood Professional
- Students participate in a practicum experience at EMU Children’s Institute for three hours per week and attend a two hour class once a week.
- ECE 302 - Child-Centered Teaching and Learning
- This course teaches students to design and implement developmentally appropriate programs and curriculum for children from birth through age eight and includes a practicum at the EMU Children's Institute.
- ECE 303 - Implementing the Curriculum
- Students participate in a practicum experience at the EMU Children’s Institute for three hours per week and attend a two hour class once a week. The faculty member supervises the students in the Children’s Institute.
- ECE 314 - Infants and Toddlers
- Development, Curriculum, and Programs: Students are required to do 10-12 hours of observation/participation in infant-toddler programs.
- ECE 488L4 - Internship in Early Childhood Education
- Students are placed under the guidance of a professional in the early childhood field outside of a daily teaching role.