Speech & Hearing Clinic
The Speech and Hearing Clinic offers a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services to children and adults of all ages. Services are offered to individuals with:
- Speech, language, fluency and voice Impairments
- Developmental language and cognitive delays
- Language and cognitive loss secondary to brain injury
- Acquired neurogenic disorders
- Desire to improve pronunciation secondary to foreign accents and dialects
- Aural habilitation and rehabilitation
- Hearing evaluations
- Hearing screenings
- Assessment of middle ear functioning
- Hearing aid evaluation and fitting
Most services are provided by graduate students in the Communication Sciences and Disorders Program who are completing course requirements to become fully certified Speech-Language Pathologists. These services are provided under the direct supervision of faculty and staff who hold Certificates of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology. Audiological services are provided by a certified Audiologists who holds certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
Our clientèle comes from Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor, and surrounding communities as well as EMU students, faculty, and staff.
- Monday thru Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
There are no fees for any of our clients.
135 Porter Building