Student Teaching Applications
- Fall: January 15.
- Winter: June 15
Applications and Forms
Applications for student teaching should be completed in accordance with the following schedule:
- Fall student teaching: by the previous January 15.
- Winter student teaching: by the previous June 15.
- Summer student teaching: by the previous January 15 (certified teachers only).
Applications will be accepted after the deadline, however placement priority is given to those students who file in accordance with the deadline dates and it is rarely possible to provide placements for those who apply late.
Student teaching eligibility is based on many factors. The major factors include:
- Overall GPA, major GPA and minor at EMU
- Grades in professional education classes, including methods classes taught outside of the College of Education, at EMU
- Admission to the Teacher Preparation Program at EMU
- Grades in specified general education courses (based on program admission requirements)
- Ability to complete remaining courses and field experiences before student teaching
- Any kind of probation, administrative or academic
- Criminal/civil conviction issues
- Meeting academic, moral, social or emotional requirement