- Ph.D, Economics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- MS, Nuclear Engineering, North Carolina State University
- MSc, Physics, Dhaka University, Bangladesh
- BSc, Hons., Physics, Dhaka University, Bangladesh
Interests and Expertise
Since joining the economics faculty in 1988, Dr. Dewan has taught a wide variety of courses both at the graduate and undergraduate levels. His teaching and research interests are primarily focused in the area of monetary and macroeconomics. Three of his papers were published in The Review of Economics and Statistics, a Harvard University journal.
- Principles of macroeconomics
- Principles of microeconomics
- Money and banking
- International economics
- Introductory econometrics
- Graduate courses in applied time series econometrics and monetary theory and policy
Publications and Presentations
- "Money Growth variability and Stock returns: An Innovations Accounting Analysis," International Economic Journal, (Vol. 12, Winter 1998) 1–16.
- "Money, Inflation and Unemployment Linkages: Some Monetarists Propositions Reexamined," The Journal of Economics, (March 1995), with Raouf Hanna.
- "Testing Exogeneity of Economic Variables: An Application of Innovation Accounting," Applied Economics, (Vol.26, 1994)
- "Macroeconometrics of Stock Price Fluctuations," with Steven C. Hayworth, Quarterly Journal of Business and Economics (Vol. 32, Winter, 1993).
- "The Determinants of Fixed Investment Over the Business Cycle: Some Time Series Evidence," with Frederick E. Tank. Journal of Macroeconomics (Vol. II, Winter 1989).
- "Money and the Business Cycle: Another Look," Review of Economics and Statistics (Vol. 70, 1989).
- "Inflation, Tax Rates and Investment with Endogenous Financial Behavior," with Peter Rangazas. Southern Economic Journal (Vol. 55, April 1989).
- "Testing Some Monetarist Propositions," with Peter Rangazas. Review of Economics and Statistics (Vol. 70, February 1988).
- "Taxes and the Corporate Sector Debt Ratio: Some Time Series Evidence," with Peter Rangazas. Review of Economics and Statistics (Vol. 69, May 1987).