Speech & Hearing Clinic
The Speech and Hearing Clinic offers a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services to children and adults of all ages. Services are offered to individuals with:
- Speech, language, fluency, and voice Impairments
- Developmental language and cognitive delays
- Language and cognitive loss secondary to brain injury
- Acquired neurogenic disorders
- Desire to improve pronunciation secondary to foreign accents and dialects
- Aural habilitation and rehabilitation
- Hearing evaluations
- Hearing screenings
- Assessment of middle ear functioning
- Hearing aid evaluation and fitting
Most services are provided by graduate students in the Speech-Language Pathology Program who are completing course requirements to become fully certified Speech-Language Pathologists. These service are provided under the direct supervision of faculty and staff who hold Certificates of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
Our clientele comes from Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor, and surrounding communities as well as EMU students, faculty, and staff.