"Scholars of Excellence" celebrated at annual College of Education event
Submitted by Kelly Quilter | Published May 22, 2013
The College of Education held its annual Celebration of Excellence Convocation on March 21, 2013 in the Student Center Ballroom. Students selected as "Scholars of Excellence" by the faculty were honored, along with College of Education Scholarship recipients for the 2012-13 academic year. Many scholarship donors were also in attendance. Below is a brief breakdown of the honorees recognized:
- There were 10 recipients honored with the Dean's Award.
- Within the Department of Teacher Education, 15 graduate and seven undergraduate recipients were honored for Elementary Education.
- Seven faculty members were honored within the Department of Leadership Counseling.
- Nine graduate and two undergraduate recipients were awarded within the Department of Special Education, and 11 Secondary and K-12 Education recipients received awards.
- Faculty awards for the College of Education included five for Leadership and Counseling, eight for Special Education, eight in Teacher Education and three University Supervisors.
- Within the College of Arts and Sciences, 11 faculty members were honored with awards.
- Two recipients were honored in the College of Health and Human Services.
For "Scholars of Excellence" recipient names, download the event program.