Currently Hiring: Job Search Resources During COVID-19
- Career Corner Podcast
- Handshake Use filters for part-time, temporary, etc.
- Handshake 500 companies hiring on Handshake right now
- Handshake Blog for relevant tips to your current job search
- Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity help with unemployment questions
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect Employers have job opportunities to keep Michigan working during the pandemic. Did you lose your job or have your hours reduced as a result of COVID-19? Businesses across Michigan need thousands of workers for immediate hire.
- The Detroit Free Press has compiled a list of Detroit-metro area employers hiring right now.
- Amazon is mass-hiring for warehouses and delivery (expected to add around 100,000 employees to meet demand)
- Ann Arbor Spark the Ann Arbor area is home to hundreds of high-tech and life science businesses and one of the most highly skilled workforces in the nation
- Blind who is still hiring?
- Candor list of companies freezing hiring and those that are still hiring
- Detroit Regional Chamber The Detroit Regional Chamber is connecting workers displaced by the COVID-19 outbreak. Several organizations are hiring large numbers of employees
- Manpower Inc. of Southeast Michigan. Opportunities are available in food service, manufacturing, healthcare, and janitorial. Apply now by texting "apply" to 734.665.3757.
- Tutoring opportunities - with schools being closed, many families are seeking tutors. Check with neighbors, advertise on personal social media, or join your neighborhood on the Nextdoor app to search for opportunities.
- City Year Hiring students from all majors to serve as AmeriCorps members during the 2020-2021 school year, with the position starting late July or early August, 2020.
Next application deadline is coming up on April 17.
Hiring 120 young adults, between the ages of 18 and 25 years old to work full-time as a Student Success Coach, providing individualized supports to 3rd-9th across 29 urban locations through America from July 2020 to June 2021.
- Kroger Retail, Grocery and Courtesy Clerks; Pharmacy Technicians, Cashiers
Ypsilanti, Canton, Ann Arbor and nearby areas
- LinkedIn LinkedIn's community and resources are here to help you get back on your feet during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Meijer Seasonal Team Members, Team Leaders, Cashiers, Store Detectives; Stocking/Grocery/Food Clerks/Pharmacy Tech & other positions.
- Outschool Now that over 30 million children are out of school, it’s boom time for online schools, which are swiftly expanding capacity.
- Sam's Club/Walmart Variety of positions.
- Startups Actively Hiring
- State of Michigan Internships, student positions and full-time openings
- Sunset Mastronardi Produce Full-time Distribution Center Openings
- Troy Design & Manufacturing Seeking production workers to assemble face shields.
- UPS Starting off as a package handler is the perfect position for a current student, working towards their degree.
All of these sites have filters for remote or work from home, part-time, and entry level jobs:
Want your resume reviewed before you apply? Email it to [email protected] and we will return an edited version within two business days.