Publicize Your Event
The Division of Communications is here to help make your event a success. Through various communication channels, your event can be visible to all of campus! Here's what you can do:
Submit your event information to the EMU calendar.
- Provide key details: Who, What, Where, When and Why
- Your event will be approved within 48 hours of submission.
- Need help? Review our tips and tutorials on how to submit your information to the calendar.
Do you need marketing materials?
- Submit a request for marketing materials to our team.
- Please be aware of our project timelines.
- Please review our EMU logo guidelines to ensure you are maintaining accuracy in our brand.
- Note: The department holding the event is responsible for distribution and payment of all marketing materials.
Is your event media worthy?
Is your event different and new to the campus or surrounding community? Is it timely or relevant to trends that are happening in the world? Does your event have strong visuals? If any of these are true, submit a request for media relations support to our team.
Do you have your own social?
- Utilize your own social media channels to share your event.
- Please make our social team aware of your event. Submit a request to our social media team to get started. The information will be evaluated to see how we can best support your event.
- If you're looking for photos to use on your own university-focused materials, browse through and download images from our university gallery.
- Consider using your phone to take your own photos at your event. Here are a few tips:
- Look for clean, uncluttered backgrounds. Move around if you need to.
- Tap the subject on your phone screen to focus your photo.
- Don't overuse filters or editing!
- Hire a local freelancer. We have many talented photographers in the area that we can recommend upon request.
- Submit a request for photography coverage to our photo team. Please note the Division of Communications Student Photography team has limited availability for events.