EMU’s social media team wants to empower our EMU community—students, staff and faculty to be vigilant on social media and report threatening or suspicious content through the appropriate channels.
When you see threatening or suspicious content on social media:
- Use the “report” or similar link to flag content to the various social outlets.
- Send the following available information to the Division of Communications via email at [email protected] and also contact the EMU Police Department. Include:
- Screenshot of the questionable content.
- The name of the social network where the content is posted.
- Which functionality of the social network is being used to distribute the information (i.e., private/direct messaging posting publicly to a wall, story, timeline, thread, etc.).
- The username and full name of the person who posted the content, and a direct link to the post.