Rape Aggression Defense (RAD)
Our next RAD for Men Self Defense Class will begin March 21st. This class will meet three times on Monday afternoons from 3pm to 6pm at the REC IM. This class is open to any individual that identifies as male or non-binary and is age 16 and up. In collaboration with Student Government, this class is being offered for free! You can register here. For more information please contact Community Engagement Officer Wilman at 734.487.0987 or [email protected].
Our next RAD Women’s Self Defense Class will begin in September of 2022. This class is open to any individual that identifies as female or non-binary and is age 16 and up. This class has been approved for LBC Credit (LB1). In collaboration with Student Government, this class is being offered for free! For more information please contact Community Engagement Officer Wilman at 734.487.0987 or [email protected].
This class may be adjusted based on COVID-19 response guidelines.
What prior students had to say about their RAD class with EMU PD
- "Best class ever! I feel prepared for the real world."
- "I love this course and am so thankful I know what to do now."
- "I feel like this helped me so much and I really think every girl (or anyone) should take this"
- "All of the instructors were great & respectful, really cared & wanted to help"
- "I really enjoyed this course, I wish it was longer and we had more sim. days"
- "This was a great class, very useful, I recommended to anyone"
- “I feel a lot more confident. Simulation was my favorite day!"
- "Amazing class! Very useful and realist and I feel I can kick butt."
- "Everyone was very nice and encouraging."
What is the RAD System?
The Rape Aggression Defense System (RAD) is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. This comprehensive course for women begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. RAD is not a Martial Arts program. Our courses are taught by certified RAD instructors and provide you with a workbook/reference manual that outlines the entire physical defense program for reference and continuous personal growth.
The RAD system of physical defense is currently being taught at many universities and colleges. The wide spread acceptance of this system is primarily due to the ease, simplicity, and effectiveness of our tactics, solid research, legal defensibility and unique teaching methodology.
The RAD system is dedicated to teaching women defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault by utilizing easy, effective and proven self-defense/martial arts tactics. Our system of realistic defense will provide a woman with the knowledge to make an educated decision about resistance. We provide effective options by teaching women to take an active role in their own self-defense and psychological well-being.