Rape Aggression Defense (RAD)
Our next RAD Women’s Self Defense Class will begin October 25, 2021. For more information and to register click here. This may be adjusted based on COVID-19 response guidelines. For more information or to be notified when future classes are available please contact the Community Relations Officer at 734.487.0987 or [email protected].
What prior students had to say about their RAD class with EMU PD
- "Best class ever! I feel prepared for the real world."
- "I love this course and am so thankful I know what to do now."
- "I feel like this helped me so much and I really think every girl (or anyone) should take this"
- "All of the instructors were great & respectful, really cared & wanted to help"
- "I really enjoyed this course, I wish it was longer and we had more sim. days"
- "This was a great class, very useful, I recommended to anyone"
- “I feel a lot more confident. Simulation was my favorite day!"
- "Amazing class! Very useful and realist and I feel I can kick butt."
- "Everyone was very nice and encouraging."
What is the RAD System?
The Rape Aggression Defense System (RAD) is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. This comprehensive course for women begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. RAD is not a Martial Arts program. Our courses are taught by certified RAD instructors and provide you with a workbook/reference manual that outlines the entire physical defense program for reference and continuous personal growth.
The RAD system of physical defense is currently being taught at many universities and colleges. The wide spread acceptance of this system is primarily due to the ease, simplicity, and effectiveness of our tactics, solid research, legal defensibility and unique teaching methodology.
The RAD system is dedicated to teaching women defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault by utilizing easy, effective and proven self-defense/martial arts tactics. Our system of realistic defense will provide a woman with the knowledge to make an educated decision about resistance. We provide effective options by teaching women to take an active role in their own self-defense and psychological well-being.