SEEUS (Student Eyes and Ears for University Safety) is designed to enhance your safety and peace of mind while you walk on campus after dark. SEEUS provides escorts to persons walking alone to on-campus destinations such as classrooms, buildings, residence halls and parked cars. SEEUS also provides additional eyes and ears for the EMU Police Department by observing the campus environment.
Escorts provided by SEEUS are primarily walking escorts, although some mobile escorts are available from the Green and North Lots to residence halls and on-campus apartments. Escorts will be provided for on-campus origins and destinations only.
Hours of Operation:
- Walking escort service is in operation daily for the Fall and Winter semesters, 5 p.m. to 1 a.m., and Monday through Friday for the Spring/Summer semesters, 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. SEEUS personnel are assigned to designated areas on campus and at the College of Business (COB) while remaining available for calls for service.
- Mobile Van service is 7 days a week. Hours are 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. Fall and Winter semesters only. The SEEUS van's primary responsibility is to escort students from the Green and North Lots to residence halls and on-campus apartments. However, they are available for calls for service to other locations on campus.
Identifying SEEUS personnel:
- SEEUS personnel are identified by their bright yellow jackets or T-shirts with the SEEUS logo on the back and ID badges.
- SEEUS personnel are students hired by the Department of Public Safety after a careful screening process.
- SEEUS personnel are trained to observe incidents and communicate that information to the Department of Public Safety.
- All SEEUS personnel are equipped with a two-way radio for direct access to the Department of Public Safety's police dispatch.
- SEEUS personnel are not permitted to become involved in any physical altercations.