On the Commodity Block you indicate what items you are buying (commodity), and how many of each item (quantity). Follow these steps:
- Press the Tab key to move the cursor to the Commodity Description field. (Commodity Code field is not used)
Type a description of the item you are purchasing. Be sure to include the name of the item, and the item number from the quote.
The Commodity Description field holds 50 characters. If you need more room, see the Item Text section of these instructions. Quote numbers should always be entered into Item Text.
- Press the Tab key to move the cursor to the U/M (Unit of Measure) field. Type EA in this field, the code for "Each".
- Press the Tab key to move the cursor to the Quantity field. Type in how many items you want to order.
- Press the Tab key to move the cursor to the Unit Price field. Type in the price for each item.
- Press the Tab key again and the total amount will appear to the right.
- To add another commodity from your quote, press the down arrow key and repeat steps 1-6.
- Click the Next Block button on the toolbar.