Admitted Checklist for Transfer Students
- Activate your NetID
- To activate your account, you will need both your NetID and your EID. You can find these on the official admit packet that you received. If you do not have them, call Records and Registration at 734.487.4111 for assistance.
- When you activate your NetID account you will have access to your @emich.edu email account. Plus, you can register for orientation and advising.
- Schedule an advising appointment and register for classes.
- All new students must meet with an Academic Advisor before registering for classes.
- The advising office you are assigned to depends on the academic college your major is housed in. Shortly after you were admitted, you should have received an email including contact information for your advising office. You can also find a list of EMU advising offices here.
- If you aren't sure which advising office you are assigned to, please call (734) 487-1442 for assistance.
- Log into your my.emich account and access your transfer credit evaluation.
- After logging in, select the "Student" tab.
- Under "Student Services," select "Student Records."
- Select "Academic Transcript."
- Your academic transcript will include transfer credit that has been accepted by EMU. It may take up to two weeks after admission for your credit to be tabulated.
- File your FAFSA using EMU’s code (002259)
- If you have been notified by Financial Aid that you have been selected for verification, submit the requested documentation as soon as possible.
- Complete EMU's Online Transfer Orientation.
- Mail your final official college transcripts to:
PO Box 921
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Purchase a parking hang-tag (whether you're Resident or a Commuter).