Admitted Checklist for Freshmen
Keep this checklist for your reference and to keep track of your EMU Enrollment progress!
*If you are enrolling for the Winter (January) or Summer (May) semesters, please contact the office of admissions to receive next steps. All Fall enrollees can follow the steps below.
- Activate your NetID Account
- To activate your account, you will need both your NetID and your EID. You can find these on the official admit packet that you received. If you do not have them, call Records and Registration at 734.487.4111 for assistance.
- When you activate your NetID account you will have access to your @emich.edu email account. Plus, you can register for orientation and advising.
- Sign up for the Admitted Student Reception (January 20 and February 3) - *Optional
- The Admitted Student Reception gives students who are still making their college decision an opportunity to tour EMU, ask final questions, and determine if EMU is the best fit.
- File your FAFSA using EMU’s code (002259)
- If you have been notified by Financial Aid that you have been selected for verification, submit requested documents as soon as possible.
- Register for Fast Track Orientation
- Registering for Fast Track Orientation is how you officially notify EMU that you will be attending in the fall. At Fast Track Orientation, you will register for classes, take your picture for your student ID, and learn more about your first year experience.
- Apply for Housing (if living on campus) – available March 2018 ($150 non-refundable deposit)
- Attend Fast Track Orientation.
- Dates will begin in March and run throughout the summer. We recommend you attend at your earliest convenience to ensure best course selection.
- Send us your final high school transcript with graduation date.
- Remember to send official college transcripts for dual enrollment credit as well as AP or IB test scores
- Attend First Three Orientation
- Follow EMU on social media.
Welcome to Eastern Michigan University!