Dual Enrollment Students

Dual enrollment provides an opportunity for public and charter high school students with demonstrated academic potential (a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher) to enroll in Eastern Michigan University courses. It is a great way to enrich your high school experience by allowing you to take courses that otherwise might not be available.

You’ll still need to successfully complete all the requirements for graduation mandated by your high school. If you meet Eastern’s minimum admissions criteria after graduation, you can be admitted to an Eastern degree program.

How do I apply?

Complete and collect the following materials, and be sure to get them to us by the deadlines below.

  • Dual enrollment application [PDF]
  • Course permission form [PDF] (This form must be completed in its entirety with course reference numbers (CRN) included for all requested courses.)
  • Complete a FERPA waiver form [PDF].
  • Your school district’s letter of authorization (Letter or form from high school counselor)
  • Your school district’s payment voucher (Letter or form from high school counselor)
  • Official high school transcript, ACT or SAT scores, and any applicable AP scores


If you are applying to be dual enrolled, you’re financially responsible for the tuition and fees for the courses you enroll in. The costs for some courses may be reimbursed by the school district. Please discuss this with your school.

What do I do if I change my mind about my course?


University Advising and Career Development Center (UACDC)
Eastern Michigan University
ATTN: Dual Enrollment
200 McKenny Hall
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Questions? [email protected] | 734.487.0400

Skip Section Navigation